Click here for ways to continue giving during COVID-19 restrictions.
Our giving to others
Our parish has for many years placed great value on generous giving towards the needs of others. In the last financial year we gave from parish funds (largely enabled by our op shop) to support:
- Anglicare Victoria
- Latitude Youth Services, Altona
- Laverton Community Integrated Services
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Footscray
- Homelessness support in Altona (through Salvation Army Hobsons Bay)
- Anglican Board of Mission – Reconciliation program in Australia
- Anglican Overseas Aid
We also have regular opportunities through the year for members to support particular appeals, whether seasonal (eg The Christmas Bowl) or for current emergencies in our community and the world.
Each Sunday, we also collect non-perishable foods which are then distributed by the Salvation Army (Altona) and Laverton Community Integrated Services.
Giving to the parish
Everyone is invited to join our Planned Giving Program, through which members pledge to give a particular amount to the parish each week or month. This amount can be adjusted at any time as circumstances require, and is known only to the Planned Giving Co-ordinator, Pat Baines.
Gifts can be made week by week using offertory envelopes which are provided, or by regular direct debit through the Anglican Development Fund (the form to set up direct debit giving is available here). For further details please contact Pat Baines on 9315 7838.
Gifts to the parish can also be made by direct deposit:
Bank: Bendigo Bank
Account name: St Eanswythe’s Altona with St Clement’s Laverton Anglican Churches
Account number: 157 594 722
Giving to the parish during COVID-19 restrictions
During this period without our usual parish gatherings, the life of the parish is continuing in other ways—and as for so many of us, it’s also true that the parish’s regular financial commitments continue. The suspension of in-person worship, the Op Shop’s operation and a few other activities, means our sources of income are not as reliable as they usually are. It is also important to acknowledge that some of our fellow parishioners may be facing real financial hardship during this period. We want anyone in that situation to put their own and their family’s welfare first and to moderate their pledge accordingly.
For everyone who is able to maintain planned giving at any level, we ask you to consider one of the following options for making a regular offering at least once a month, or fortnightly if possible.
- In-person at any branch of the Bendigo Bank. Present these details at the counter:
BSB 633 000, account number 157 594 722, and request ‘St Eanswythe’s’ or ‘St Clement’s’ and be sure to add your envelope number (if you have one) to be entered as a reference.
- Online transfer to BSB 633 000, account number 157 594 722, with ‘St Eanswythe’s’ or ‘St Clement’s’ and your envelope number (if you have one) entered as a reference. Account name: St Eanswythe’s Altona with St Clement’s Laverton Anglican Churches.
- Send a cheque to the parish (PO Box 48 Altona 3018), or drop it in to the Vicarage letter box in Bent St; please be sure to write your envelope number on the back.
- Set up Direct Debit via the planned giving program, with the form available here or obtain a hard copy from Pat. If emailing, please cc Pat (firstname.lastname@example.org) when you send it to the Diocese.
- If none of these options work for you, please let Pat know to discuss an alternative arrangement. (Email above, mobile 0400 051 121, ph 9315 7838)
Thank you for your giving in this and many other ways to enable our parish to continue supporting and serving as many as possible in these difficult times.
Pat Baines, Planned Giving Co-ordinator; Dean Mason, Treasurer