Our parish Op Shop has been operating since 1976, from various locations at or near St Eanswythe’s.
In 2016 the Op Shop moved into a beautiful, light-filled new building on the St Eanswythe’s site. This was constructed from the generous bequest of Linda Court, a long-term parishioner at St Eanswythe’s.
The Op Shop is staffed by volunteers from our parish and other local churches, and from the wider community. The proceeds from the shop enable us to give generous support to various needs both locally and further afield. In 2018 a total of $17,000 was distributed, supporting:
- Anglicare Victoria
- Latitude Youth Services, Altona
- Laverton Community Integrated Services
- Western suburbs community chaplaincy (Rev’d Duku Wolikare)
- Anglican Board of Mission – Reconciliation program in Australia
- The Asylum Seekers Centre, Dandenong
- Act for Peace
The Op Shop is open Tuesday-Friday, 10:30am-2:30pm. New volunteers are welcome – do drop in and have a chat if you are interested. (Volunteers will need to have a current Working With Children check and police check.)